Worried that your treatment may not be covered?
Worried about the big cash outlay for the coming treatment?
Want to avoid seeking reimbursement from insurer totally?
Do you know, you can get BUPA to pay the medical provider directly by
- using a BUPA network provider
- securing a prior approval
1. Using BUPA's Network Providers
Network Providers is group of medical providers who has an prior agreement with BUPA and is familiar with billing BUPA directly for your treatment.
You may review listing at BUPA's Facility Finder website.
If you need help, here is an instructional video on how to use the website.
- If you need treatment from a family doctor in Singapore. All Raffles Medical Clinics are included in the network providers. All you need is to show up and flash your BUPA Membership cards. Here is a listing of the clinics.
- BUPA Global's cover does not restrict you to this specific panel of doctors. The panel listing of doctors are merely a listing of doctors who has a agreement with BUPA to direct your treatment bills to BUPA directly. You are still able to use doctors not listed in this panel as long they are a licensed medical provider.
your membership number
the date(s) of your appointment or treatment
the name of the hospital or clinic where treatment will take place
details of your condition or symptoms
the type of treatment you will be having (if known)
the name(s) of the medical professional(s) treating you
- Prior approval can only be secured for treatments that will take place in the next 31 days. If your treatment is > 31 days away, you may want to seek the approval at a later date.
If you change your mind and decide to pay for the treatment first, the prior approval letter can be used as a claim form to file your claims. Be sure to highlight that the reimbursement should be to you and not to the doctor.
If you are not sure what kind treatment is required for your medical condition or you need a recommendation for your condition, you may seek advise from BUPA Global's Medical (+44 (0) 1273 333 911)