Worried that your treatment may not be covered?
Worried about the big cash outlay for the coming treatment?
Want to avoid the hassles of seeking reimbursement altogether?
Do you know, you can get BUPA to pay the medical provider directly by
- using a BUPA network provider
- securing a prior approval
1. Using BUPA's Network Providers
Network Providers is a group of medical providers who has a prior agreement with BUPA, and they are familiar with billing BUPA directly. These providers can be found on BUPA's Facility Finder Website.
If you are on the move and can't remember the URL link, the site can be easily located using these keywords with your web search engine - "BUPA Facility Finder".
Do provide them with your BUPA membership card/certificate which can be located on your BUPA Smartphone App
However do note, we would recommend this avenue only for treatments that require a surgery or stay at the hospital. We gathered feedback from the members that some providers may reject the arrangement because of the administrative hassle of filing the bill for reimbursement for a trivial bill size. BUPA's stance is they are happy to issue the letter but they have no prerogative over the providers to accept the arrangement.
- Prior approval can only be secured for treatments that will take place in the next 31 days. If your treatment is > 31 days away, do raise the request at a later date.
- If you change your mind and decide to pay for the treatment first, the prior approval letter can be used as a claim form to file your claims. Be sure to highlight that the reimbursement should be to you and not to the doctor.