The easiest way is to direct the bills to BUPA directly.
If you have not visited and doctor and would like to know how to direct the bills to the insurer, please refer to this article.
Alternatively, if you Had Paid for the bill and would like to seek reimbursement.
Here is how :
1. Filing the bills online via Membersworld Portal
Membersworld is an exclusive secure portal for BUPA members.
- No forms to print
- Upload images of your receipts
- Track progress easily
Here is a video of how
2. Filing claims manually (Through paper forms and email)
Alternatively, you may do so offline by filling up this claim form at the end of this page.
Do remember to get the doctor to fill up the second page of the form.
We need only the scanned copies of the documents at this juncture.
Please send them to our email firstname.lastname@example.org
- Safely keep your original invoices/bills - While BUPA may not require you to provide the original bills to file the claims, they reserve the right to examine the actual documents before concluding the assessment. This seldom happens but there is no harm to be on the conservative side.
- Documents in a foreign language - BUPA claims team is able to secure translation for most major languages.
- Claims frequently get delayed because the claims assessor does not know the diagnosis for the treatment that has taken place. If you are filing your claims on paper, please write the known diagnosis in Section 2 of the claim form. If you are filing online, please enter the diagnosis when you are filing the claims.
- What if there isn't any firm diagnosis yet? In this case, do put in the intent of the treatment. i.e. X-Ray to rule out a fracture.